Inspired by my oracle card Akashic Records (pictured) and recent interactions with a student, I began to ponder the distinction between character and programming
– what is a constant and what is changeable?
• the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual
• the distinctive nature of something.
• the quality of being individual in an interesting or unusual way.
• [mass noun] strength and originality in a person's nature.
• set of related measures or activities with a particular long-term aim
• a planned series of future events or performances.
• (program) a series of coded software instructions to control the operation of a computer or other machine. (lifeform)
From the Deck of RA: 07. Akashic Records
Reputation and Associations
Past effecting future • entanglement • typecast • repetition • notoriety • character • status • esteem • legacy • indoctrination • dimensions of Self / other dimensions of Dreaming • lineage
• The much-romanticized records are in fact the Constructs’ dossier on you.
• Where and when do you play to type?
Fall into roles and follow rules because of past experience, expectation and inserted programming
• What in your past haunts you or contributes to your reputation?
Character vs Programming ...
Character is innate.
It is something that emerges when an individual is challenged to claim an aspect of Self, of aligning with their conscience for decision and direction (conscience, is an echo or representative of their consciousness in the sphere / realms of the mind)
Programming is something that is instilled, imprinted into the machinations of the mind and can be changed, eradicated, retooled.
It ceases to exist when the body dies.
It is a variable to the constant of character.
In my experience character is innate to Essence.
Repeating traits and behaviour appear in other dimensions of Self and are either dormant or active in this dimension of Self.
Can character be changed?
I think character can be developed, as potentials awaiting acknowledgement, claiming and integration, however these aptitudes, qualities and capabilities are already there, not something to acquire.
Working with Essence (you your consciousness all the way back to Source) is an opportunity to access and develop your innate character in this dimension of Self.
Online or in person in the hinterland of Byron Bay
text: 0412 400 085
to book or enquire